Maya Strom has opened an independent practice at Kwan Yin Healing Arts and plans to continue providing quality women’s health care from a well-rounded and holistic perspective, with the addition of primary care services.
Since 2012, Dr. Maya Strom FNP-C, DNP has been practicing medicine as a board-certified nurse practitioner. Maya has practiced in a variety of settings; underserved community health clinics and most recently in a private women’s health clinic.
Generating from formative experiences in the Peace Corps in Vanuatu, as a birth assistant in a midwifery clinic, a labor and delivery RN and serving the underserved, Maya now provides a combination of primary care and women’s health care from a broad and holistic perspective. Her core belief is that each individual is an expert in their own body and has an innate and deep knowledge of their own health. Maya sees her role as a collaborator and co-investigator, where each patient is respected, valued, and deeply listened to.
Maya strongly believes in the power of relationships, communication, respect, transparency, patient empowerment and collaboration in medicine. Her goal is to bring all of those qualities into her interactions with patients.
In her free time, Maya enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters, cooking, knitting, hiking, and playing cribbage.
Areas of focus:
- Perimenopause and menopause
- Women’s sexual health (STI testing, sexual dysfunction, etc.)
- Contraception; specifically IUDs and Nexplanons
- Chronic and acute vaginitis
- Chronic disease management
- Preventative medicine, wellness exams
- Depression/anxiety management
- Vulvovaginal atrophy
- Postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy
- Adolescent health
- University of North Texas 2000 BS in Child Development and Family Studies
- OHSU 2004 BS in Nursing
- University of Portland 2012 Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Family Nurse Practitioner
Board Certified through the American Association of Nurse Practitioners
Welcoming current and new patients.
Insurance currently accepting:
- Pacific Source
- United Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
Please call Kwan Yin Healing Arts East clinic to schedule a new patient appointment at (503) 719-4533.
Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.Brené Brown